The Roofing Contractors Association of Texas, RCAT, is a specialized, statewide organization that serves and supports the Texas roofing industry.
Our members range from small residential roofing contractors to large commercial roofing contractors, as well as roofing consultants, engineers, insurance representatives, suppliers and manufacturers. See our membership classifications listed below.
RCAT offers two classifications of membership:
CONTRACTOR MEMBER: Any established roofing and/or waterproofing contractor whose principal business has been roofing and/or waterproofing contracting for a minimum of one year shall be eligible for membership.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER: Any individual proprietor, partnership, or corporation composed of manufacturers and/or suppliers of materials, products or services used by the Contractor member; architects and consultants shall be eligible for Associate Membership. Associate members are not eligible for election to office in RCAT; however, six Associate members serve as Advisory members on the Board of Directors.
Requirements for Membership
- Applications for a Contractor must be sponsored by a RCAT Contractor member and a RCAT Associate member in good standing (requires both sponsors).
- The principal business of applicants for Contractor membership must have been roofing and/or waterproofing for at least one year in the state of Texas.
- Credit references must be submitted from two suppliers.
- Evidence of a minimum of $300,000 in general liability insurance coverage for contractors performing residential roofing work OR $500,0000 for contractors performing commercial roofing work.
- Application for membership must be accompanied by payment of the annual dues.
- New member applications must be approved by the Board of Directors. Applications are approved on a monthly basis. You will not be billed until your application is approved. Payment of dues is required to activate membership.
RCAT offers you another degree of professionalism to set your roofing company apart from the pack. Membership benefits include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Show your customers you are committed to the integrity of your business and the industry by belonging to the state-wide trade association!
- Use the RCAT logo for advertising your company as a member!
- An exclusive self-funded group health care insurance program for RCAT members!
- RCAT has a consumer/public awareness campaign to keep driving consumers to make GOOD choices when hiring a roofing contractor! www.SafeRoofsOverTexas.com
- We provide member referrals to homeowners, consumers, building owners, and architects! RCAT is the go-to association in Texas for consumers searching for a qualified roofer.
- RCAT has a state-of-the-art website which provides a free listing of all member companies including links to your website!
- RCAT is at the Capitol representing the roofing industry during every legislative session through our government relations program. We will keep our members informed of what is going on in Austin, that can impact our industry!
- Develop business contacts, learn from and network with your fellow roofing professionals!
- Become an exclusive RCAT Licensed Roofing Contractor. The program includes the “Managing a Roofing Company in Texas” Manual (Licensing Program fees are not included with membership.) Click here for more details the program.
- RCAT has regularly scheduled networking events such as an annual fishing tournament, golf tournament and more! For a complete list of events and registration information click here.
- The “Texas Roofing Conference” is hosted by RCAT and is the largest roofing industry event held in Texas every year! This is truly a Texas sized Conference and Trade Show featuring top notch exhibitors, educational programs, networking, and more! Visit www.rooftex.com/tradeshow
- College Scholarship Program: The “Annie Born/Jan P. Thomas Memorial Scholarship” fund awards at least three $5,000 scholarships each year. Open to ALL RCAT contractor and associate member employees and their children.
- Discounts are often provided through RCAT Associate Member Suppliers, Manufacturers, and Service Providers (ask for more details as these offers change regularly)!
- An exclusive discount insurance program on general liability insurance for RCAT members!
- Regular E-News publications keep you informed on the association as well as other industry news and current events!
Activities & Services
Educational Programs assist in developing or improving skills that are necessary to conduct business more effectively and efficiently. We now have seminars and programs online!
RCAT Licensed Roofing Contractor Program increases consumer protection and secures the public confidence in the roofing industry by elevating the roofing contractor's knowledge, skills and professionalism through voluntary self-regulation. Licensing is presently available for commercial and residential roofing contractors and company managers.
The Texas Roofing Conference is an annual event that includes our a widely acknowledged Trade Show. Two days of concentrated, productive seminars to enhance knowledge of today's roofing industry. A large trade show featuring exhibits from suppliers, manufacturers and other roofing industry service professionals along with some fun networking events.
Government Relations Programs keep members informed of important legislative proposals and administrative agency activities.
Online Membership Hub is your resources to RCAT sales and marketing materials and our online Membership Directory. It also allows you the ability to register for events, manage your company's listing, set personalized communications preferences, see account history and pay invoices online.
*The Roofing Contractors Association of Texas logo is a registered trademark and is proprietary to RCAT members only.