Are you searching for RCAT Members?
Use our "Find a Qualified Roofing Contractor or Associate Member" search form to the right to find qualified roofing contractors in your area.
Using an RCAT Member will ensure that one of your biggest investments in your home or business will be done by a local established roofing company. For a listing of RCAT Licensed Roofing Contractors in your area select the "Licensed Contractors Only" box when searching for member roofing contractors, or call the Roofing Contractors Association of Texas today at (800) 997-6631.
Wanting to become an RCAT Member?
The Roofing Contractors Association of Texas, RCAT, is a specialized, statewide organization that serves and supports the Texas roofing industry.
Members range from small residential roofing contractors to large commercial roofing contractors, as well as roofing consultants, engineers, insurance representatives, suppliers and manufacturers. See membership classifications listed below.
RCAT's Continuing Education opportunities come from a steadfast commitment to keep its membership informed about the industry's latest developments.
RCAT offers two classifications of membership:
CONTRACTOR MEMBER: Any established roofing and/or waterproofing contractor whose principal business has been roofing and/or waterproofing contracting for a minimum of one year shall be eligible for membership.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER: Any individual proprietor, partnership, or corporation composed of manufacturers and/or suppliers of materials, products or services used by the Contractor member; architects and consultants shall be eligible for Associate Membership. Associate members are not eligible for election to office in RCAT; however, six Associate members serve as Advisory members on the Board of Directors.
Requirements for Membership
- Applications for a Contractor must be sponsored by a RCAT Contractor member and a RCAT Associate member in good standing. (Requires both sponsors).
- The principal business of applicants for Contractor membership must have been roofing and/or waterproofing for at least one year in the state of Texas.
- Credit references must be submitted from three suppliers.
- Evidence of a minimum of $300,000 in general liability insurance coverage.
- Application for membership must be accompanied by payment of the annual dues.
- New member applications must be approved by the Board of Directors. Your payment will be processed on receipt of application. Applications are approved on a monthly basis. If your application is not approved, your money will be refunded.
Savings from member benefits could pay for your membership. Available to association members are:
RCAT offers you another degree of professionalism to set your roofing company apart from the pack. Membership benefits include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Use the RCAT logo for advertising your company as a member!
- Show your customers you are committed to the integrity of your business and the industry by belonging to a state wide trade association!
- We provide member referrals to homeowners, consumers, building owners, and architects! RCAT is the go to association for consumers searching for a qualified roofer.
- RCAT has a state of the art website which provides a free listing of all member companies including links to your website!
- Develop business great contacts. Learn from and network with your fellow roofing professions!
- Become an exclusive RCAT Licensed Roofing Contractor. The program includes the “Managing a Roofing Company in Texas Manual” (Licensing fees are not included with membership). Click here for more details the program.
- RCAT has quarterly Membership Meetings and other regularly scheduled networking events such as an annual fishing tournament, golf tournament and more! For a complete list of events and registration information click here.
- A Texas sized annual Convention and Trade Show with local, regional, and national exhibitors is held each year along with current and valuable educational seminars and programs.
- We offer a Standard Contract template for use by roofing contractors as well as a standard Mold Disclosure and Disclaimer Addendum templates!
- College Scholarship Program: The “Annie Born/Jan P. Thomas Memorial Scholarship” fund awards at least three $5,000 scholarships each year. Open to ALL RCAT contractor and associate member’s employees and their children.
- Discounts are provided for general liability insurance policies. Also, discounts are often provided through RCAT Associate Member Suppliers, Manufacturers and Service Providers. (ask for more details as these offers change regularly)!
- E-News publications keep you informed on the association as well as other industry news and current events!
- RCAT has a government relations program to keep our members informed of what is going on in the local, state and federal government that can impact your industry!
Activities & Services
Educational Programs assist in improving contractor management skills that are necessary to conduct business more effectively and efficiently.
RCAT Licensed Roofing Contractor Program increases consumer protection and secures the public confidence in the roofing industry by elevating the roofing contractor's and manager's knowledge, skills and professionalism through voluntary self-regulation. Licensing is presently available for commercial and residential roofing contractors and company managers.
The RCAT Annual Meeting and Convention is held in conjunction with a widely acknowledged Trade Show. Two days of concentrated, productive seminars to enhance knowledge of today's complex industry problems. A large trade show featuring exhibits from suppliers, manufacturers and other roofing industry service professionals along with some fun networking events.
Government Relations Programs keep members informed of important legislative proposals and administrative agency activities.
Annual Membership Directory contains names, addresses, telephone numbers and business information of all RCAT members.
The Roofing Contractors Association of Texas logo is a registered trademark and is proprietary to RCAT members only.